- This article is about Doofus Rick. You may be looking for other versions of Rick.
|Main aliases:||Doofus Rick|
|Place of origin:||Earth (Dimension J19ζ7)|
|First seen in:||Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind|
|Main voice actor:||Justin Roiland|
Rick Sanchez of Dimension J19ζ7 commonly known as Doofus Rick is the least respected of all the Ricks. He first appeared in the episode "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind." He never had any children, so his Morty was assigned to him from another reality where everyone looks like Eric Stoltz from the movie Mask. According to other Ricks, Doofus Rick comes from a dimension where people eat their own feces, however this is most likely not according to what Justin Roiland said on the Blu-ray/DVD commentary track for "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind". He befriends Jerry, and he seems to be the only Rick who genuinely likes him as a friend. He returns at the end of the episode, where he simply waves at Jerry from the street on a rainy evening.
In The Rickshank Rickdemption, many Ricks are killed when the Citadel of Ricks is transported into a Galactic Federation prison. It is unknown if Doofus Rick is among the Ricks who died due to the fact that he did not appear in that episode.
In Rick and Morty Issue 21, Jerry goes to visit Doofus Rick, where they go to an amusement park and subsequently meet Doofus Jerry, who is hypercompetent, and steals their portal gun.
In Rick and Morty Issue 23, Doofus Rick has created a kind of dimensional travel juice in a month that will allow them to gravitate towards Jerry's dimension so they aren't stranded forever in the Doofus Dimension. The events in the comic series however are uncanon. So the Doofus Rick and Jerry that the series follows, have yet to have a proper reunion.
Doofus Rick is the kindest and gentlest of all the Ricks. He approached Jerry during the investigation at the Smith house and engaged him in conversation, expressing genuine interest in Jerry's life and abilities. Perhaps because they were both ostracized and mocked by the rest of the Ricks present, the two quickly bonded.Doofus Rick's inherently kind and accepting nature came through when Jerry showed him his collection of R2D2 quarters and asked for his opinion on them.
- “I'm not going to tell you these coins will increase in value, or even hold their current value. The truth is, you bought 'em because you like 'em. They have value to you. That's what matters.”
- —Doofus Rick to Jerry[src]
- He has given the nickname "Doofus Rick" by the other Ricks because he is not as intelligent as they are.
- Despite being apparently less intelligent than all the other Ricks, Doofus Rick was able to create ovenless brownies with Jerry by mixing chemicals and substances. This hints that Doofus Rick is just as smart as the other Ricks, and that he lets their name calling get the better of him.
- On the "Close Rick-Counters" Blu-ray/DVD commentary track, Justin Roiland confirms that Doofus Rick does not, in fact, eat his own feces.
- Doofus Rick appears very similar to the severely inbred direct descendant of Jesus Christ from the comic book series Preacher, due to the bowl-cut hair, unibrow, and buck teeth.
- The Beth of his reality was never born, and neither was his Morty or Summer.
- The Birds of the Doopidoo dimension have the same hairdo as Doofus Rick.
|This article is a stub. You can help Rick and Morty Wiki by expanding it.|