- This article is about Doofus Rick. You may be looking for other versions of Rick.
|Main aliases:||Doofus Rick|
|Place of origin:||Earth (Dimension J19ζ7)|
|First seen in:||Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind|
|Main voice actor:||Justin Roiland|
Appearing in Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind, Doofus Rick from dimension J19ζ7 is the least respected of all the Ricks. Because he never had any children, he had his Morty assigned to him from another reality where everyone looks like Eric Stoltz from Mask. According to other Ricks, Doofus Rick comes from a dimension where people eat feces. He does return at the end of the episode only to be hinted at his return.
Doofus Rick is the kindest and gentlest of all the Ricks. He approached Jerry during the investigation at the Smith house and engaged him in conversation, expressing genuine interest in Jerry's life and abilities. Perhaps because they were both ostracized and mocked by the rest of the Ricks present, the two quickly bonded.Doofus Rick's inherently kind and accepting nature came through when Jerry showed him his collection of R2D2 quarters and asked for his opinion on them.
- “I'm not going to tell you these coins will increase in value, or even hold their current value. The truth is, you bought 'em because you like 'em. They have value to you. That's what matters.”
- —Doofus Rick to Jerry[src]
- He has been nicknamed "Doofus Rick" by the other Ricks because he is not as intelligent as they are.
- On the "Close Rick-Counters" Blu-ray/DVD commentary track, Justin Roiland confirms that Doofus Rick does not, in fact, eat his own feces.
- Doofus Rick appears very similar to the severely inbred direct descendant of Jesus Christ from the comic book series Preacher, due to the bowl-cut hair, unibrow, and buck teeth.
- The Beth of his reality is never born and neither is his Morty.
- The Birds of the Doopidoo dimension have the same hairdo as Doofus Rick.
|This article is a stub. You can help Rick and Morty Wiki by expanding it.|