|This page is a candidate for deletion because Kind of meaningless. Do we really need an entire page dedicated only to references? People can just see the references on the episode pages.|
This is a list of Easter eggs that can be found in episodes of Rick and Morty.
- Rick has a box labeled "Time Travel Stuff" on a shelf in the garage that appears throughout the series. This is likely an homage to Justin Roiland's original short "The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti" as well as its inspiration, Back to the Future.
- Rick's car has a bumper sticker that reads "I .I. SHLEEMIES" and is visible throughout seasons 1 and 2. The symbol ".I." appears in place of a heart, and the image is decidedly phallic. This may be related to the fact that Shrimply Pibbles' species (and possibly other alien species) hearts are similar in structure to a human penis, as seen in "Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate".
- There's a background character in the show who has a shirt with a picture of Bart Simpson's head on it. He is a student at Harry Herpson High School, and is usually seen in scenes affiliated with the school.
- In the beginning of the scene inside Interdimensional Customs, we see various silhouettes standing around a large room. Here are some of the famous characters that can be spotted in this scene:
- Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, and Gypsy from Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus (Snuffy) from Sesame Street
- A Xenomorph from the Alien franchise
- The aliens from the game Space Invaders
- A Ferengi from Star Trek
- During the chase scene with the Council of Ricks, a few random items can be seen exiting one of the portals Rick creates in the Dr. Suess-like dimension. Those items are the same objects that fly into Grunkle Stan's interdimensional portal from Gravity Falls in the episode Society of the Blind Eye. This is most likely because Justin Roiland and Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch are good friends, and provides the voice of a recurring character in Gravity Falls.