- “Stop being such a tease, you sweet little-”
- —Mr. Jellybean to Morty as he forces himself onto him in a public bathroom stall.
Mr. Jellybean is the beloved king of an impoverished, medieval-style village. It is implied he had molested or raped many young boys without the knowledge of the villagers. We see him attack Morty in a public toilet, although Morty manages to fight him off and escape. After Mr. Jellybean's death, it is revealed that two townsfolk discovered disturbing photographs of him (the images are never shown but it is implied that they are pictures of him molesting boys) but they decide to destroy the incriminating photos because the townspeople would "get more from the idea he represented than from the jellybean he actually was." A monument was shown as a testament to Mr. Jellybean, showing him standing behind a young boy.
King Jellybean is a child molester. He has a kind and friendly appearance, which he uses to lure in his victims, which masks his true nature. He is assumed to have raped many boys because his memorial statue depicts him standing behind a child, massaging their shoulders. It is also shown that his royal servants found pictures in his home incriminating him. They however decided to dispose of this evidence to keep his image good in the eyes of his people.
He seems to prefer children around Morty's age via the reference of his statue and assaulting Morty. He owns child pornography and has tried to sexually assault Morty.
It is heavily implied that Rick deduces what had happened in the restroom (after seeing Morty emerge disheveled and tearful, with Mr. Jellybean emerging moments later.) When Rick and Morty return to their dimension, Rick reopens the portal, and kills Mr. Jellybean with his ray gun.
- A common misconception is that King Jellybean wanted aliens to lick him. This comes from a joke on Reddit that the writers wrote to entertain. They did however clear up and blatantly state that the King did in fact try to rape Morty and has committed rape in the past.
- This character is also in one of Justin Roiland's cartoon shorts on Channel 101 as Crumply Crumplestien, the host of a show called Unbelievable Tales. He is portrayed as a child murderer in the same short, cutting off two young boys' faces and sticking them onto his own.
- ↑ An explanation of the Jellybean bathroom scene ― R&M writer Ryan Ridley, Reddit
- ↑ Unbelievable Tales!