Mr. Lucius Needful, (also known as the Devil), is the main antagonist of "Something Ricked This Way Comes". Lucius is an eccentric gentleman who runs a vintage antique shop called Needful Things. He hires Summer to help work around the shop, which sells merchandise that curses people.
Mr. Needful is shown to be dark and menacing, but treats Summer with respect. He receives joy in giving unsuspecting customers cursed items, and does his best to ensure he runs a successful business. It's later revealed that he is, in fact, the Devil. While his relationship with Summer starts off strong, he eventually would toss her aside when his next business n33dful.com would take off.
- Mr. Needful and his shop, Needful Things, is a parody of the novel "Needful Things" by Stephen King.
- Mr. Needful's design is based on Mr. Dark from the 1983 Disney adaptation of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes.
- The black turtleneck he wears after becoming successful is a reference to Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple.
- After he "Zuckerbergs" Summer, he picks up a fiddle and begins playing it, a possible allusion to the Charlie Daniels Band's 1979 hit, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".
- Summer refers to his betrayal of her as a "Zuckerburging", which is a reference to when Mark Zuckerburg screwed over his partner, and co-founder of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin by diluting his shares.
- In the Rick and Morty Rickstaverse game, the discarded manuals to multiple N33dful.com products can be seen.
- Mr. Needful "Zuckerberging" Summer might be the result of her use of a monkeys paw, as it was the one item left that was still cursed.