Scary Brandon (son)
|First seen in:||Lawnmower Dog|
|Main voice actor:||Jess Harnell|
- “Welcome to your nightmare, bitch!”
- —Scary Terry
Scary Terry is a character that appeared as the secondary antagonist in the episode "Lawnmower Dog" and the comic story Morty and Rick in: Mortballs. After a failed attempt at killing them, Scary Terry retreats and heads home. While he is asleep, Rick and Morty incept his dreams and befriend him.
At first he first appears to be a bloodthirsty nightmare, but he is really just misunderstood. Scary Terry was very self-conscious about how scary he was and feared that he may not be terrifying enough to scare people, so he put a lot of pressure on himself because of that. This made him very tense and touchy, until Rick and Morty entered his dreams and made him feel better.
He wears a blue and green-striped sweater, grey slacks, fedora, and gloves with small swords on the fingers. He has sharp teeth, deformed purple skin, cat-like eyes with yellow sclera and a monobrow. He has a second set of balls that hang from his chin. He is known for saying "bitch" at the end of almost every sentence. After Scary Terry spots Rick and Morty, Rick aptly describes him as a "legally-safe knockoff of an '80s horror character with miniature swords for fingers instead of knives".
- He is a parody of the character Freddy Krueger, albeit more hideously deformed and can travel through dreams.
- When Scary Terry kills someone in their dreams, they are forced to wake up. This is in direct contrast to Freddy Krueger, whose victims die in the real world as well.
- His constant usage of "bitch" is in reference to Freddy Krueger's one-liners, many of which included the word "Bitch" (e.g. "Welcome to Primetime, Bitch!" in Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors.)
- In his comic appearance, he reveals to Morty that his fedora is the source of his power. By wearing it, Morty is able to become Scary Morty.