Dan Harmon has said that the season may possibly have 14 episodes, the number that season 3 was intended to have, before it was shortened to 10 episodes. Ryan Ridley suggested in an interview that late 2019 is the earliest possible release date for the season.
On March 16, 2018, Dan Harmon confirmed that the show has not yet been renewed for a fourth season and the future of the series is up in the air.
On May 10, 2018, Dan Harmon confirmed that Rick and Morty was renewed for a total of 70 more episodes, meaning there will be a fourth season, and most likely many more afterwards. The portion of this number of episodes that will make up season 4 is unknown, and it is unknown how many seasons these episodes will be spanning.
- Rick Sanchez (Justin Roiland) A genius scientist and alcoholic whose inventions and experiments serve as the basis for the episodes.
- Morty Smith (Justin Roiland) Rick's impressionable grandson who is often dragged along on his grandfather's escapades.
- Jerry Smith (Chris Parnell) Morty's insecure father, whose disapproval of Rick's influence on Morty only deepens his marital troubles with Beth.
- Summer Smith (Spencer Grammer) Morty's angst-ridden older sister who occasionally joins Rick on his adventures.
- Beth Smith (Sarah Chalke) Morty's holier-than-thou mother, a cardiac surgeon for horses.
These are characters who are present more than once in the fourth season.
Characters of the Day
These are the characters present in one episode within the fourth season
|1||32||"To Be Ricknounced"||2019||To Be Ricktermined|