|Age:||Late 40's, early 50's|
|Place of origin:||Earth (Dimension C-137)|
|Place of origin:||Earth|
|Relationships:||General Nathan (colleague)|
|First seen in:||Get Schwifty|
|Main voice actor:||Keith David|
- “I'm the god dammed President of the United fucking States! ”
- —Said by The President to Nathan when he betrays him.
The President appeared in the episode Get Schwifty. He is first encountered in the Pentagon (the lame one, here on Earth), where he is discussing the problem of the Cromulon with his aides. Rick and Morty entered the building and Rick explained that the Cromulon was actually requesting a live performance of a newly written song.
While everyone else was skeptical about it, The President put faith in them, thinking they would defeat it. He assigned them with Ice T to defeat the giant head. General Nathan could not believe that he could allow something so ridiculous to happen and argued that they needed to use missiles to destroy it, but The President disagreed. Nathan then knocked out the President and took over, ordering an ineffective nuclear strike against the Cromulons.
After flying himself and Morty to Area 51's sonic stage, he helps Rick and Morty sing "Head Bent Over". The song was a hit with the Cromulons and Earth was returned to its orbit around the sun. When Morty asked if he can have a selfie with him, the President refused, had the Secret Service destroy Morty's phone, and implied harm would come to him unless he denied that any of these events ever happened.
The President is a tall, African American male with dark black hair. He wears a dark blue suit and a red tie.
- In the episode M. Night Shaym-Aliens!, Rick was inside of a holographic projection, where an ambulance pulled up and some paramedics started yelling out that The President of the United States was in there having a stroke and they needed 10 CCs of concentrated dark matter. The President was not actually seen, but a lump in the sheets of the bed he was on was.
- Dan Harmon has hinted that Season 3 of Rick and Morty could feature the return of Keith David and his character.
- His appearance may be based off of former president Barack Hussein Obama, as he was the president at the time Get Schwifty was created.